Ever wondered why you can’t sleep at night? Even after so many efforts that you put in order to sleep timely, still you are not able to do so? You may be suffering from Insomnia. Insomnia is difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, even when a person has the chance to do so. People with insomnia can feel dissatisfied with their sleep.
Insomnia itself may be a symptom of an underlying medical condition. However, there are many signs and symptoms that are associated with it:
- Difficulty falling asleep at night.
- Irritability, depression, or anxiety.
- Being uncoordinated, an increase in errors or accidents.
- Daytime fatigue or sleepiness.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Waking earlier than desired.
- Still feeling tired after a night’s sleep.
- Poor concentration and focus.
- Tension headaches (feels like a tight band around head).
It usually occurs because of physical and psychological factors. However, there can be some other medical condition that can cause chronic insomnia, while acute insomnia may be due to a recent event or occurrence. The problem is caused by:
- Disruptions in Daily Routine: Change in job, a sudden shift to high altitudes, jet lag, unpleasant environmental noise & even extreme heat or cold can affect your sleeping patterns.
- Psychological Issues: Stress, tension, anxiety, depression or some other psychological issues can also lead to disturbed sleep.
- Medical Conditions: It can also be caused due to some medical conditions like- chronic pains, asthma, thyroid, arthritis, tumors, strokes etc.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Some kind of shift in hormones, mood swings during menstruation can also cause the issue.
- Other factors– sleeping next to a snoring partner, genetic conditions, overactive mind, pregnancy can also disturb your sleeping patterns.
In order to treat insomnia completely, you should consult a Healer (Hr.). Through Hypnotherapy, the actual reason behind the problem will first be identified & later healed without the use of any harmful & addictive medicines.